August 2015-February 2017 Return With Honor

Thursday, February 2, 2017

Christmas Milagros!!! (12/26/16)

So this week Christmas threw up again, but this time for reals because
it was Christmas. But it still didn't feel like Christmas... it was
almost warm out, and we were just working all day and not having much
success because we didn't have anywhere to go haha, but it was still
good :) We went caroling Christmas Eve with the Spanish hermanas and
got two meal appointments out of it. Haha it is a good thing that I am
not in the Spanish program or I would be like 100 lbs heavier. It was
fun though. We went and saw the Pepe family (where the dad is a
member, but the wife and His 4 kids aren't) and that was fun.... they
are nut so though.... literally crazy haha but thats ok we still love
them.

So we had kind of a fun miracle this week. We got a media referral to
contact named Dwayne, so we called him, and he said he couldn't meet
with us yet because of work, but that he really wanted to. So we asked
him to read John 6 before we met with him. Well he texted us a few
minutes later and said "I read it." And we were like... wait.... did
we interpret that wrong? So we asked him, and he said "yeah I read it
right after you sent it to me" and we were like WHAT?! That's awesome!
Then we called him the next day and he asked us if we had any other
material for him to read, so we told him about the gospel library app,
and invited him to read the introduction to the Book of Mormon. Then
he texted a whole later and was like "oh that's cool that the
Lamanites are the ancestors of the American Indians... my grandma was
an Indian." WHAT?!?! We were like "this guy is already keeping
commitments and we haven't even met him!" Then he called us later and
told us about how much of a miracle it is that we had been introducing
him to all of this. He said that a few days earlier he had gotten ROKU
on his tv and downloaded the Mormon Channel. He started watching a
show about missionaries that was on there, and we were like
 .....what??? What was it called?
"Oh I don't remember the name of it, but it is about these
missionaries that go and teach people..."
 ....was it called The District?
 Yeah that was it! It's called the District!
 WHAT???? You're watching The District?!
Yeah it's super good I think I'll get my friends hooked on it haha but
then I called about a Book of Mormon, and you called me the next day
and gave me those scriptures, and I just feel like this is all meant
to be! I am so into this!
.......so yeah that's how the conversation went. Then the next day he
called us because he was confused about something in chapter 4 of 1
Nephi. He is SO AWESOME and we haven't even met him yet! :D
#miraclesstillhappen

So yeah! Anyways, I love you all and I hope you all had a very merry
Christmas! :) MUAH!




Ahhhh Newark....




No comments:

Post a Comment