August 2015-February 2017 Return With Honor

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

I Can See Clearly Now, the Rain is Gone.... (7/11)

Seriously, it has been raining so much here! One day it will be super
hot, and then the next day... It will still be super hot, but it will
be pouring rain! And then it will completely downpour for like 2
minutes, and then stop... And then 30 minutes later go again haha.
This world is so crazy...

So I went on two exchanges this week, back to back, but it was so much
fun! I love my sisters SO much, and I have been growing so much from
working with them and learning from their experiences as well. Let me
tell you, these missionaries that come out are prepared to do the
Lords work! Oh and guess what? ...Maybe I already told you, but Sister
Hale is in the Zone that I cover! OH!!!! And you know what else is
super ironic?? She is serving in Toms River, which is my old area were
I served right before here! And The sisters that were serving there,
Sister McConkie and Sister Wood, both went to Scotch Plains where
Sister Hale just left, and I served before with her!! I thought it was
so funny how God connected everything. But yes, so now my beloved
Sister Hale is training a new missionary (her second time training) in
Toms River, and I got to go on exchange with her baby... .Her name is
Sister Vanhoven, and she is SO awesome! And then the other exchange I
went on was with Sister Perkinson (who for some reason I ALWAYS forget
to take pictures with... Sorry). It was so much fun though, and even
though I am super exhausted, I am so thankful for the miracles that we
could see. It is absolutely amazing what the Lord can do through you
when you are serving others. SO many miracles, and I have never felt
more in tune or of use in Heavenly Fathers hands than when I have been
on exchange. The revelations that we get to help these sisters are so
cool to receive!

Ok, I will tell you just a couple miracle stories haha. So when I was
with Sister Perkinson, We were knocking for forever (which I really
very strongly dislike with a lot of my heart) and it was SO hot, and
we smelled SO bad haha, but at the very end of the day, we knocked on
this door and an older man answered, and for some reason my mouth and
my brain couldn't work together to form words... So I stood there
stuttering for a few moments, and then said something dumb asking him
if he had heard of the Book of Mormon or something like that.... But
he ended up being super nice and we talked to him for nearly an hour
on his doorstep. He told us some of the things that he had been
through in life, and the miracles that he had seen, and we shared a
couple of scriptures with him, and introduced the Book of Mormon. It
was SO cool, and the spirit was very strong, and we said a prayer with
him before we left. Then as we were walking away, and we're almost to
our car, he called out to us, and we turned around, and he had his
wife in tow and introduced her to us, and it turns out that she and
Sister Perkinson are from the same town in Arizona! We exchanged
contact information, and hopefully they go back to teach and baptize
them!



THEN! When I was with Sister Vanhoven... Man there were so many
miracles... That girl has so much faith, and she has only been out for
like 4 weeks. So to be brief, we went to Seaside and found a less
active and taught him, which was a miracle because he hadn't been in
contact with the church in about 8 years. Then we went contacting and
knocking for about 4 hours around there (with a delicious lunch break
in between) and had a couple contacts, but didn't teach anyone, and
even though it was the PERFECT day weather wise to be contacting by
the shore, we started to get a little discouraged. So we decided that
we were going to share the video with ONE person before we left, and
then we saw a lady in her car, and Sister Vanhoven asked if she had a
couple minutes. Surprisingly, she said yes! So we showed her the
video, and then talked with her for a long time about her faith in
Christ and found out that she lives right down the street from our
church, and she said she would go and that we could come back and talk
to her more about our message!






THEN! The next day we went to go see
one of the investigators that they were working with (that I actually
started teaching with Sister McConkie) and she wasn't there, so we
started driving away when the spirit told us to go back and knock one
of the doors. So we went back, and on our way to knock the door, we
met a guy named Matt walking with his dog and nephew. We started
talking to him, and he said that he recognized Sister Vanhoven and had
talked to her before (even though she didn't remember it at all haha).
We showed a video to him and his nephew, and talked to them for a
while, then they had to go. So we knocked on the door, and there was
no one there... Oh well. On our way back to the car, I was awkwardly
doing a happy dance, when I noticed a guy sitting in a creepy white
van watching me do my happy dance... AWKWARD... So I stopped, and told
Sis Vanhoven. Then what does she do? She goes up and starts talking to
the guy!! It turns out he wasn't really creepy, he just had a flat
tire and was waiting for someone to come and pick him up. So we talked
about Jesus Christ, and she taught him about the Book of Mormon. He
took a copy, and she got his number so they could set up a time to
meet. Then we did end up seeing the investigator (Dorothy) anyways,
and she said she would come to church. :)


Wow!!! That was a lot, sorry... I kind of word vomited all over you
guys... BUT! One more thing. We had dinner at a members house with
Alan this week, and it was great! We talked about the Holy Ghost and
how we know when things are true, and everyone bore their testimony
and the spirit was so strong!!! Then we got pictures haha. We also got
another guy named Amos to go to the temple with us on the 24! I am so
excited! It is such a huge blessing that we are going to have another
temple so close to us, and that we can bring so many people to
experience it at the open house. It is going to be the best!


 
Ok... Well I think that's it for now... God is good. Love you all so
much!!!! :) MUAH!
Oh, and by the way, Happy Birthday 2 days ago to the BEST Mom in the
ENTIRE WORLD!!! Love you!!!

Sister Baine :)

No comments:

Post a Comment