August 2015-February 2017 Return With Honor

Monday, February 8, 2016

Lets Bring Some INTENSITY to this Workout!!!


Wow.... Where do I even begin.... This week has been CRAZY!!!!!
Completely loco...

So our area is SO HUGE with SO many people that I could literally
spend my entire mission here and not get to a hundredth of the people
in our area... You think I am joking but I am sweaty and I'm
serious... Now I know why New Jersey is the most populated state...
Anyways! Well on Tuesday we went to a part of our area that doesn't
get worked very much and we were going to knock doors... but it was
late afternoon and not many people were home and we felt like that
wouldn't be very effective. So we knocked this door and asked a guy if
there was any big mall or shopping center around where we were, and he
directed us to a mall not far away. And HOLY TOLITO we had SO much
success there! We talked to so many people who were just RIPE and
prepared, and ready to be harvested! It is days like that when I know
we are where we are supposed to be when we are supposed to be there...
I have this theory see, that since God is the Master Planner, and we
are all here on His time, that He already has all of our days and all
of our lessons planned out perfectly the way that He knows will bring
us the most success. It is only when we follow the promptings of the
Spirit and do His will, that we find the blessings we are searching
for.

On Wednesday we had a lesson with our cop friend, Officer Nick, again.
Haha he is so funny, because he has so many questions, and wants to
know so much, that we have such random and sporadic lessons with
him.... But he is cool, and I have a goal to baptize a popo on my
mission anyways, so here we go.

Thursday we walk into the library to teach English classes, and
whereas before we only had like one or two students, this time we had
6!!!!! It was so much fun!!! I have never before considered becoming a
teacher, but teaching English to people from Honduras, Guatemala,
Mexico, and other places that I don't remember is SO FUN!!!! We are
teaching them how to read and write checks and speak and they ask such
funny questions! There are a couple of them that are getting really
good, and then some of the other ones don't even understand anything
we say at all haha. We attempt to teach them things like "The book is
on the table, " and "The dog is behind the cat," and they just smile
and nod hahaha. I am learning so much about how to communicate with
people better though.



So every Saturday we go and see this sweet lady named Donnie who is
confined to a care center, and teach her. Well this Saturday when we
went, we ran into the activities director before we left, and asked
her if we could bring maybe a group of youth and come sing to the
tenants there for Valentines Day. We had talked to her before, and ran
into her in random places, but we had never had a long conversation
with her. (Her name is Jewel.) Well we started talking to her, and
holy tolito, Heavenly Father blessed us, because she found out that we
were Mormons and just got so excited! She also loved that Sister Hale
is from Idaho and that I have family there. She thought that as long
as she lived she would never meet someone from Idaho hahaha. But we
talked to her for a long time, and she invited us to come to her
Baptist Church on Sunday evening. So guess what? We went to a Baptist
Church on Sunday evening!!! We had some soul food to say the least!!!
They were having a special service to honor one of their pastors that
died, and there were SO many people there! We walked in late and
started to sneak in the back, but then one of the ushers moved us to a
place closer to the front, and holy tolito... I swear out of maybe 250
people, there were probably only 2 other white people there... It was
definitely a new experience... but it was so much fun! We had a
blast... We didn't know what would be appropriate for us to
participate in, so we basically sat and clapped our hands a bunch. But
everyone was FEELIN IT and GETTIN DOWN!!!


And guess what??? Sister Hale and I are staying together here in
Scotch Plains for another transfer!!! This is going to be a blast! In
fact, if you want to know some crazy transfer gossip, no one in our
entire district is getting switched out!!! And Sister Roundy (my
mission mama) is going to be a Sister Training Leader in Morristown
with Sister Rogers (Sister Hale's mission mama)!!!!! I am going to
explode.... Heavenly Father is having so much fun with us haha. We are
excited though, because we have some goals that we haven't
accomplished yet that we have plans to!

Also....... I may have caused another minor car incident... I was
backing Sister Hale up, and then I didn't tell her to stop in time
before she may or may not have backed up into another elders bumper...
but its not bad... just a flesh wound... We got hit on Thursday though
when we were teaching English... Actually one of our students that
came late took out our back tail light.... yes... so I am so sorry
that I bring bad car luck everywhere I go, and that your precious
tithing dollars are being used to fix my problems.. But I am thankful
that we are SO blessed in this mission. We are literally spoiled, and
have nothing to want for or worry about except preaching the Gospel.

Well I guess I should go now... But I love you all, and I pray for you
always! You are such blessings in my life that Heavenly Father knew I
would need to shape me and prepare me for what He needs me to do.
Thank you for your support and love!!!!! Many hugs and kisses!!!!
MUAH!

Sister Baine :)

No comments:

Post a Comment