August 2015-February 2017 Return With Honor

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

BLIZZARD!!!!!!! (the oreo kind)

So guess what??? Yes, we got around 2 feet of snow!!! It snowed for like 2 1/2 days straight!! We kept looking out the window, and the snow kept coming down, and piling up higher and higher!! On Saturday President Taggart said that we weren't allowed to drive or go outside unless it was in our best judgement to do so. So all day Saturday we were inside watching the snow and getting some much needed areabook housekeeping done! We organized a lot, and went through a lot of people in our areabook. The mission wanted all of the paper areabooks gone, so we inputted and shredded all the rest of the information that wasn't already in... and that was pretty boring... BUT after that we got all bundled up and went outside to play in the snow.... We pretended like we were pioneers trekking through the frozen tundra... When we came back, our skirts were literally frozen stiff... like in the movie FROZEN when Ana comes out of the stream and her skirt won'f move? Yup, thats how it was... Honestly, I have never seen so much snow in my entire life... I hope the pictures I sent will somewhat accurately express how crazy this snowstorm actually was haha. Seriously, in some parts it was higher than my waist! And the wind made it even crazier, because we had HUGE snowdrifts in some parts. In fact... we don't know how we are going to dig our car out, because it is still covered in snow... we have a dustpan in the closet though... it will all work out...




I am so thankful for modern technology though! The ipads make everything SO much easier and faster so we can spend more time working with people. I have a growing testimony that technology is a great tool that Heavenly Father has blessed us with to hasten this work, and prepare us to raise the next generation as the masters of technology, and not the servants. 

On Sunday church was cancelled because of all the snow, and we still weren't allowed to drive, so we walked over four miles through the snow to a couple of appointments. But it made for a wonderful service opportunity!!! On the way, we met this older couple whose car was COMPLETELY covered with snow, and when we asked if they needed help, they started getting really excited, because the husband had had a heart attack, and they had no idea how they were going to get their car out... So there we were on the side of the road, in our skirts, standing in giant piles of dirty snow, digging this giant car out hahaha. It was so awesome! They were so nice, and the lady (Rosemarie) went and got a bag of apples and oranges and cookies and got some hot chocolate for us. They tried to give us a wad of cash too haha so we took it and bought ourselves a mini golf course for our apartment. JUST KIDDING!!!! goodness!!! No, we didn't take the money, but we did leave them with a Book of Mormon, and they told us that we could come back and talk to them about it! Then they gave us a ride the rest of the way to our appointment haha. It was so much fun.



It was so cool though to see how everyone came together and helped each other shovel snow and dig each others cars out. Sunday morning when the snow stopped, everyone was outside working to get the town cleaned up, and it was nice to see how real people here are. :) I love New Jersey. I don't ever want to leave, so if you want to see me again, you'll have to come to me. (sorry Dad...)

 We did have some spiritual time together on Sunday though. We had a little mini church session... but it was sad that we didn't get to take the sacrament. That is literally what I depend on every week to get me through. So this week, I am looking at it as a time to refresh how big of an impact the sacrament actually has when I go without it. It is good to remember the power of our covenants, when we understand the difference without having them renewed.

Sister Hale and I also went on exchanges this week, where Sister Hale and I split up, and spend 24 hours with a different sister missionary, to learn how to improve our area, which was really good for us. It helped me to understand how much I ADORE Sister Hale! I don't know what in the world I am going to do without her, because we get along so well, and have so much fun! We have great comp unity, and work really well together... But I have the feeling that Heavenly Father isn't going to give us another transfer together... :/ It will be ok though... Everything will work out for our good. But man, we have some weird Sister Training Leaders though... I mean they are so sweet, and spiritual though... but maybe I am just not as good as them or something, because they are strange... but we still love them. :) 


So every Thursday morning, we teach English classes, and it is so much fun! There is a guy that comes every time named Lewis, and He is awesome! He sometimes brings his wife, Manuela, and he said that he might bring a bunch of his friends next time too! Even though I don't know much Spanish, I am thankful for the tiny bit I do, because it sure comes in handy! I think I am learning as much Spanish from them as they are learning English! Just kidding, but it is such a cool experience learning how to teach something completely new to someone who has no idea what you are saying haha. We get pretty good at charades, and thank HEAVENS for the translation app that we have on our ipads! Lewis is making so much progress though, and we are so proud of him! 

Anyways... Ok, I think I am done with this madness.... OH!!!! By the way!!! The mission has a really cool facebook page now!! So all of you go on and be our friends!! :) They will be posting pictures and quotes and other stuff that is super cool.. So find us on Facebook!!
All of you are such a blessing to me, and have influenced me so much! Because I knew you, I have been changed for good!!! (Hope you get that reference) I love you all so much, and am so thankful for your prayers and letters and support. Always remember that Heavenly Father loves you so much, and no matter what your needs or concerns might be, the Savior, and His teachings, the Gospel will help you. :) Love you MUCHO!!!!

Sister Baine :)😘

No comments:

Post a Comment