August 2015-February 2017 Return With Honor

Monday, December 7, 2015

Workin hard!! ...or hardly working?

Hello! Invisible spectators of my humble existence!

I don't know what happened this week.... It is all one big blur... Why does Monday have to come around? It always comes too fast and then I have to tell you what I did and I can't even remember half of it because it went by so fast.... CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT I AM ALREADY 4 MONTHS INTO MY MISSION?!!?!?!? WHAT??!?!! When did this happen?!?! This is crazier than the old hobos here.... at least they have most of their teeth...

Lets see.... OK! Can I tell you the coolest thing that our Stake does here?? They do this thing called Crèche (which is French for "nativity") and they spend weeks setting up and decorating the gym in the Chapel and they set out HUNDREDS of nativities all around the room! They have different musical artists come and perform and a live nativity and then they invite the community to it! SUCH a cool event! Why don't we ever do something like this at home??  They seriously go ALL out though! They even took out a whole pew!!! They had a couple groups of Presbeterian bell ringers there to perform and it was so pretty I almost fell asleep. They had some famous singers there and like 8 whole boatloads of people came! It was such a cool event! We had so many investigators and less actives there, and it was super fancy and everything was so pretty! I'll send you some pictures, but they don't do it justice... 
 



 

So that was super awesome and a great finding activity. Oh and by the way, I am in a musical performance this Sunday for a missionary Christmas deal... so I will have someone video tape it so that Mom will be proud of me. :)

It is super weird... we have been working so dern hard this week and don't really have a ton to show for it... Well, not in numbers really... Heavenly Father has blessed us with a ton of little triumphs though. And the Spirit has been with us SO strongly this week! Even though I don't have a ton of cool stories to share, I want to share with you what I have been learning!
I have learned that even though I don't remember Jesus Christ or can see Him, I can still love Him! Last night when we watched the Christmas Broadcast (which was a spiritual powerhouse and you should all watch it) I saw Elder Bednar get up and start to speak and I was overcome with a love for him! Then the same thing happened with Elder Uchtdorf! I realized that Iove all of the Prophets and Apostles SO SO much!! I literally wanted to run and give them a giant hug! I didn't used to feel that way, but because I have listened to their conference talks so much and prayed for them and acted on their teachings, I have developed a relationship with them and a love that I didn't even  know was possible! They don't even know that I exist! But I realized that because I know I love them, I know I love Jesus Christ. They teach His words and lead His Church and develop His characteristics, and they represent Him! I know that studying the Words of Christ and acting on them and praying in the name of Jesus Christ allows us to love Him. We have the potential to have  a relationship with Him!!! A relationship with the Prince of Peace who was born in Bethlehem. Jesus Christ! And the best part is that He DOES know us! He knows us personally, good and bad. Even though I don't see Christ, I do!! I can see Him everywhere if I recognize Him in the world and people around me. I am so thankful that I am never left alone. :)

Another thing that I have been learning actually goes a long with science. The equation for the displacement of an object is something like D=f1-f2.... or maybe it is D=w1-w2.... I don't know math... or school.... but this came to my mind the other day that even though there can be a great amount of work expended as two forces push against a box, if they are the same amount of force then the box doesn't move. Sometimes I feel like that out here on my mission, where I am working so hard all the time and doing so many things, but at the end, it really doesn't yield any spiritual results. Satan is working hard!!! All the time he gets me distracted pushing a box with all my might, but it doesn't go anywhere! We are teaching people and going to appointments all the time! But what is the displacement? What progress is being made? Using time wisely is the most hardest but most crucial thing out here! I came out here not wanting to waste a minute, but guess how many minutes I have already wasted? a lot. What is most important? What do I need to be spending my energy on? Seriously, please let me know if you can help me at all, because I have been really wanting to figure out how to use my time wisely, and never waste a minute, but then when I do that, I get so rushed going from place to place that it is hard to feel the Spirit, and then I end up wasting time and energy anyways because all my efforts were not what Heavenly Father wanted me to be doing that day... GAH! Missions are great... but I don't get them...

ANYWHEYS!!!!!! Protein wheys.... That's about all I've got for this week... Sister Roundy and I had some super spicy chicken this week... I realized how bad of a choice it was the next day...  
We also got chewed out by an angry mom this week... some people don't like Christmas spirit... but anyways I LOVE YOUUU!!!! Hope you are all getting ready for some wonderful holidays!!! Hey, also if you need some Chistmas cheer, go onto the church website and check out some of the Christmas videos! My favorite one is called "Kids and Christmas!" We share that one with people on the street all the time! I love technology... but not as much as you, you see...

Ok, love you all!!!
Sister Baine 😁🎅

No comments:

Post a Comment