August 2015-February 2017 Return With Honor

Monday, December 14, 2015

QUE?!?!


Alright, I have some cool stuff to tell y'all this week! Hope you are prepared for story time! ....you may want to grab a fuzzy blanket and hot chocolate, because this is going to be good!

First of all, I forgot last week to tell you an exciting thing that actually did happen! I witnessed a car accident! So we were at this one house on the corner of the street, knocking a door, but they weren't answering. Then I turned around and just then a car wizzed around the corner and hit the corner of a small school bus that was at the stop sign!!!! Sister Roundy didn't see it, but she started freaking out and was like "Did you see it? Flip! If you saw it we have to wait for the police to show up because they need you as a witness!! And you saw that right?! Oh Flip!!" Haha so we stayed there and looked at the damage. The car had taken out the whole front corner of the bus, and there was wreckage all over the road. No one was hurt, and there was only one girl on the bus, but the bus driver was pretty ticked haha. He was very protective of his bus. The lady who hit the bus didn't speak English very well, and she was from another country. She was driving on a permit with no one else in the car, but she was super sweet! She was so nervous and didn't know what to do, so we went and Sister Roundy gave her a hug and told her that it would be ok. The police came and they were super nice, they asked for the witnesses and got my information. Apparently the only other witness was an 11 year old boy... so they decided to trust me instead... odd. But they got the wreckage cleared up, and it turns out that we talked to the girl on the bus and she had met with missionaries before! She doesn't live in our area, but we got her contact information so we can send it to the other missionaries. So pretty much I am famous now.

Another exciting story is that I cleaned out our fridge this last week... there was some scary stuff in there, and it hadn't been wiped out in a looong time.... so I took one of the shelves over to the sink to wash it, and then just as I started to wipe it down SAFHIAOU*WEGT FHISE!!!!!!!!!!! The glass just SHATTERED into a billion and 10 tiny little pieces of glass all over everywhere!!!! -_- Luckily neither of us got cut, but it sure was a mess to clean up. ...So now we have one less shelf in our fridge... but don't tell our landlord....

Let's see, what else happened this week. So we were doing service on Friday night at the soup kitchen, and we decided to invite a couple of the people that we work with to come to the ward Christmas party on Friday, and one lady was super excited about it! She is a squat little black lady with a super high pitched voice named Julie. So we gave her the invitation and our information, and she came! It was a miracle, because we had some trouble with how to get there, but our RS president was able to pick her up with another one of Julie's friends that she brought, and they had a great time!

Guess what the absolute highlight of this week was though. CHRIS PASSED THE SACRAMENT THIS SUNDAY!!!!!!!! It was such a cool thing to see him up there with all the young men and go through the chapel and pass the sacrament to everyone. He didn't really know what he was doing half of the time, but he was so incredibly proud of himself when he sat down! He was just beaming!!! 😁 Then he also said the closing prayer in sacrament meeting, and it was the sweetest, most profound, most humble and wonderful prayer that I have ever heard in any Sacrament meeting since I was born. We were all in heaven!!!

We didn't get to end up going to the temple this week with Chris and Alexis though, because Alexis had to go to the hospital, and Chris said that we should just go another time. Alexis was also supposed to speak in church on Sunday, which would have been perfect, but... .yeah she was out of commission. They both have limited use recommends though, and they are both working hard on their family history, so we will get them there soon!

Our Christmas Musical fireside thing on Sunday went well though! We had the best musical number of the whole program and everyone loved it! I only messed up once, but no hopefully no one could tell. And I think that we did pretty awesome considering that we only practiced it ONCE that day, and we hadn't practiced it a ton before that. But yeah. Heavenly Father totally helped me not butcher it haha. ,,,Like a fat pig.

So about 3 or 4 days ago I started thinking.... a dangerous pastime... I know. But I was thinking and praying a little bit and listening to conference talks... and praying some more, and I started praying for a mountain to climb. I have been so blessed, but I am feeling to comfortable. I haven't been relying on the Lord as much as I have been before, and we haven't seen as much success because of it. I am too confident in myself, which is never a good thing, and it is not fabulous for the work. So I prayed that Heavenly Father would send me something to work on and humble me. That He would give me a mountain to climb. Well. He did. I testify to you as a witness and representative of Jesus Christ that Heavenly Father hears and answers prayers, and that He loves His children, and will give according to their desires.

This week is transfers. Sister Roundy and I have been going CRAZY since the beginning of last week because we had no idea what was going to happen. We have both been in this area and with each other for the same amount of time, and everyone has been asking us "When is trasfers? Who is going and who is staying? When do you find out? What do you think will  happen??" and we are just like "WE DON'T KNOWWWWAH!!!!!" But we were all betting that Sister Roundy would leave and I would stay and lead out the area, since she only has three transfers left and has only been in one other area (yeah its crazy). But this morning we got a call about transfers. And guess what...??? Sister Roundy is staying here in Morristown and I have been called to go to another area and "greenie bust" another sister. I am going to Plainfield, which is apparently super ghetto and sketchy... The complete opposite of Morristown. What. The. Frumpy. I don't even know what to think other than Heavenly Father hears and answers prayers. The awesome thing is though, that when we were talking to our zone leaders, they said that it was really crazy, because at the beginning of last week they heard that Sister Roundy and I were actually supposed to stay together for another transfer (which is like unheard of for a trainer and trainee to be together for that long..... probably because I need a lot of training). They said that it was crazy that they changed their minds so fast from what it was going to be.... and then it hit me that Heavenly Father told them to change it because that was when I had prayed. HOLY TOLITO.

Also this last week we heard from a general authority. His name is Elder Evans, and he was AMAZING!!! I took like 2435 pages of notes... But I won't tell you all now because I have already written so much. but yeah. blew my mind.

ANYWAYS!!!! I hope you liked my stories so far. Next week I will be in a new place with my new companion!!!! Pray for me that I don't die!!! Love you all so much and I am so thankful for all of the prayers and blessings you already send me!!!!!
LOVE YOU!!!!!!
Sister Baine 😁



No comments:

Post a Comment