August 2015-February 2017 Return With Honor

Saturday, August 15, 2015

First Letter Aug 11, 2015 MTC

I'M ALIVE!

 

TALOFA EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!! 


SA-CRED BEEF!!!!! The MTC is SO AWESOME!!!!!!!! Seriously, my words can't even explain.... I am LOVING it here!!! It is definitely really overwhelming, but Heavenly Father is so merciful to me... He must really love me or something because this whole week has been nothing but one giant spiritual experience! 

First of all, my companion is Sister Williams, and she is SO SO SO WONDERFUL!!! I honestly believe that she is an angel sent from Heavenly Father to help me. She has been such a blessing and has been teaching me so much. She is from Utah... but that is ok cuz she is still the best and she is sooooo sweet. 

Just Kidding, the first thing I want to tell you pretty people is to find this talk by Elder Bednar and watch it for Family Home Evening or something, because it will seriously change your entire life. It is called Character of Christ, he gave it to the MTC on Christmas day a few years ago.. so I don't know how y'all are going to find it, but find it, and watch it, and let your life be changed. I am not kidding if you don't tear up at least a little bit because you have a heart of stone, you are a cotton-headed-ninny-muggins. 

Ok, so I have been blessed to associate with THE BEST sons and daughters of God here that Heaven has to offer. My district is AMAZING!!!!!! Apparently we have one of the biggest districts with 8 elders and 4 sisters, and they are all SO GREAT!!! I am learning so much from each and every one of them, and am really coming to love them (appropriately). I am so thankful for them. And can I just say, I am so thankful for elders. Among teaching me grand things (like patience) they are also SO FUNNY!!! Seriously, I think all the most hilarious people were crammed together and put in my district. Granted, they do often waste away precious study time being silly people, but I think its good because I've realized I need to chill out about some stuff...but not too much. 

OH! Speaking of study time, I think I am finally learning how to REALLY DEEPLY study the scriptures, and it is so cool!!!! It is like finding little nuggets of treasured gold!  So one of my teachers made this really cool connection that when we have personal study and prayer time, it is like having our own personal time to spend being taught by God. We can truly be shaking the hand of our Heavenly Father when we use that time to ask Him questions. And I have learned that He can really respond when we search the scriptures. 

Honestly, it is kind of exhausting being taught so many great things and constantly working on receiving revelation. But I have THE BEST TEACHERS IN THE WHOLE WIDE UNIVERSE!!!!! We usually have Sis. Johnson in the mornings, and she is like the really deep profound one that says things that we have to really ponder and practice before we can even begin to understand. And then Sis. Westover is the afternoon teacher that is cool and she connects everything and makes it all make sense because she is just super wise and awesome. I love them both so much. I have been taking notes like CRAZYYYYY!!!!!!!! 

So we went to the temple today!!!! It was so cool! We went as a district and Sis. Westover came with us. I saw a new temple video that I hadn't seen before with the blonde Eve and the really cheesy Satan. It wasn't as bad as everyone was saying it was, but yeah, I do like the other two with the brunettes better... I think I've seen all of them now.... Ok sorry, got kinda side tracked... ANYWAYS...... But I also just need to say that never before in my life has been shaving my legs been such a burden. It is seriously so frustrating to wear skirts all the time... but its ok, its worth it. 

If any of you want my mailing address I posted it on facebook before I left haha. And also I leave on Monday soooo dont send anything to me then because it prolly won't get to me. 

So I need to say some other stuff that is a wee bit more serious. This Gospel is magnificent. It is really hard to represent Jesus Christ. I have never felt more of a need to be perfect like Him. But I have also never before felt such help from above. Since I came here to the MTC I have felt so close to heaven. Close to my ancestors, close to my Savior, close to the Spirit, and close to my God. It has been challenging learning new ways that the Holy Ghost communicates with me, but the more effort I put into helping others come closer to Christ, the more I come closer to Christ. That is when I have the greatest revelations is when I am focusing on others. 

Ok, I'm sorry, but I've got to cha cha... but I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!! I wish I could tell you everything, but I'm not very good at typing so sorry haha. okloveyoubye

Sister Baine😁

 









No comments:

Post a Comment